GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system.
Purpose of Github Action
If you are using Github to manage your ticketing system and want to create issues dynamically on some form submission say, when any user reports a bug and you wish to create an issue for the same in your Github account.
This can be achieved by Github-Issue action.
How to setup Asana-Task action :
Go to plugin manager and enable the GitHub plugin. You can also enable the plugin from JoomlaXi Forms dashboard.
Now from JoomlaXi Forms action screen, create action of Github-issue type.
Enter the details asked in the Github action screen.
Under the Github-Issue - Details section
- Title : Title of the action.
- Published : It indicates the status of the action (published or not).
- Description : Description of the action.
- Select Form : Here you can select the form list on which you want to apply this action.
- Require Approval : This parameter lets you decide whether to place approval request before creating issue in Github If you set this to YES then issue will be created only after your approve it. And if this setting is set to NO then issue will be created immediately after the form submission.
Under the Parameters Section-
- Github Username : Enter username of GitHub account.
- Password : Enter the password.
- Repository Name : Repository name in which you want to create issue.
- Organization Name : Enter name of the organization above mentioned repository belongs to.
- Issue Title : Name of the issue to create. Here you can add user submitted data as well by using relevant token.
- Issue Description : Description about the issue, here also you can add user submitted data by using token.
- Milestone : Select the milestone to associate this issue.
- Labels : Associate labels with the issue. You can apply multiple labels on the issue by providing comma separated values. Provided label gets created if does not exists. Label names are case-sensitive.
- Assignee : Enter the username to whom this created issue should be assigned to.
Points to Note
- If the repository in which you are creating issue lies under an organization then it is mandatory to enter the organization name otherwise issue will either be created in the same name repository outside the organization if exists or no issue will be created.
- Only users with push access can set the assignee, labels and milestones for new issues.These options can be silently dropped otherwise.
Additional requirements : cURL installation on your server is mandatory to use this action.